Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Garden on July 1 (well, July 3)


Yikes, I forgot all about my monthly garden photo on July 1, so here it is a few days late. Must be the heat getting to me, as we are on yet another day of 98-100 degree temperatures. We were very lucky that we did not lose our power after the big storm on Friday night, because a lot of people around here are still without power, and obviously no a/c. Bob and Carol in Bethesda are still without power, as well as a lot of people in northern Virginia. The library opened yesterday and I have never seen so many people in there. People were sitting on the floor in the aisles with their cell phones and laptops and e-readers charging, every single seat at tables and cubbies was full, and we even opened the meeting rooms and set up tables and chairs for people to sit. I guess people were coming in to cool off, charge their devices, and connect with the outside world. Most people were in good spirits, fortunately.

And look what I am dealing with now--Japanese beetles. I haven't seen them for the last couple of years on my roses, but they seem to be particularly bad this year. I just starting noticing them about a week ago, so I guess I better get out there and start picking them off. So annoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment