Monday, July 23, 2012

Meadowlark Wedding

Briana and Riley

We had a busy weekend, beginning on Friday night with the wedding of my dear friend Lorraine's daughter Briana, which was held at Meadowlark Gardens. I was so excited to attend my first wedding at Meadowlark, which as you know is one of my very favorite places. The weather was threatening rain, so the ceremony was held inside at the last minute, which ended up being just beautiful, with huge windows and views of the gardens, and twinkly lights behind the bride and groom. The rain held off so that the bride and groom could have pictures outside, and we were able to enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the patio and people could walk around and view the gardens.

Lorraine and Betsy
It was a lovely wedding, just the right size, so it felt very personal and intimate. Great music, delicious food, gorgeous flowers, dancing, family and friends, and cupcakes!! What could be better? I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was too busy talking and dancing. The bouquets were all huge bunches of white and pale blue hydrangeas, so perfect for a summer wedding. And the most amazing story was that the pastor was there with his very pregnant wife, left the dinner around 9:30 and she had her baby (a girl!) at 12:30 that night. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment