Monday, July 2, 2012

Nora Ephron's Peach Pie

Image via Pinterest

I made Nora Ephron's peach pie this weekend in her honor. Heartburn was a favorite book back in the day, and her peach pie is my go-to recipe in the summer when the good peaches are in. I thought I would post the recipe today in her honor. Try it--it's worth it.

Nora Ephron's Sour Cream Peach Pie (from Heartburn)

Put 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter, and 2 tablespoons sour cream into a Cuisinart and blend until they form a ball. Pat out into a buttered pie tin, and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Beat 3 egg yolks slightly and combine with 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1/3 cup sour cream. Pour over 3 peeled, sliced peaches arranged in the crust. Cover with foil. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees and bake 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 10 minutes more, or until the filling is set. 

(Note: I usually use a few more peaches, and I have to bake it a little longer until the custard is set.)

No comments:

Post a Comment