Here's a sampling of what I'm reading these days.
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, by Deb Perelman. Great pictures, yummy recipes, good blog too.
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple. Have heard good things about this novel.
- Beautiful Ruins, by Jess Walter. Have had this one on hold forever since my nephew Pat said it was the best book he's read in a long time.
- Winter Journal, by Paul Auster. A memoir by the author--reflections on aging, memory, the homes he's lived in, and his mother.
- Elsewhere, by Richard Russo. Another memoir, about Russo's life with his mother. Just finished, will review soon.
- The Wild Braid: A Poet Reflects on a Century in the Garden, by Stanley Kunitz. A collection of poems by Stanley Kunitz, a favorite poet.
- My Ideal Bookshelf, by Thessaly La Force and Jane Mount. Love this book with its great graphics depicting the favorite books of selected writers, artists, chefs, musicians. It makes you think about your own ideal bookshelf.