Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Adirondack Chairs

Chairs in Chantilly

One of the things I was looking for up in Lancaster County last weekend was new Adirondack chairs. I have two old Adirondacks, which I think we bought around 1988 at the old Door Store. Remember that store? Anyway, as you can imagine they are pretty worn out, but hey, 24 years isn't too bad for outdoor chairs, so I can't complain.  Everything I have is so old.

My old chairs

I am looking at chairs made from a recycled poly lumber, that is made from milk jugs and water bottles. I have looked several places, including LL Bean (too short) and a store out in Chantilly. I liked these (from Chantilly) the best, they are the most comfortable, but unfortunately I don't like the colors. I really want lime green chairs. When we were driving around Lancaster County on Saturday looking for some road,  we happened upon an Amish workshop that makes their own Adirondacks from recycled lumber. I really liked these and they were less expensive than the ones I've seen in Northern Virginia, and the colors were awesome. We all sat in them and agreed they were fairly comfortable for Adirondacks. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit chairs and plants in my car, so now I have to decide if it is worth driving back up there to get them.  Hmmm.

Amish-made chairs

2 comments:

  1. YES! glad to see those old ones are going to get the boot. I like the Amish ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised you want lime green ones:)

    ReplyDelete