Friday, May 25, 2012

Garden Pretties


I think I need this fountain of meditating frogs in my garden. Aren't they cute? It has been raining a lot this week, which makes me very happy, but that means I haven't been outside much and haven't been taking many pictures. Also, I am working 5 days this week, which greatly cuts into my gardening time.

But I did go to Merrifield last week to look for that chartreuse Euphorbia, and took a few pictures, including that cute fountain above. And their hosta collection is amazing. I did purchase just one teeny tiny more hosta. I just can't resist a blue hosta, and this is a small one, although I don't know where I am going to put it.

Hostas at Merrifield
New hosta 'Love Pat'

And I've decided I need a birdbath. I like the cement ones like this, but they sure are pricey. Maybe I need to look at some antique places for an old one...


Something like this could work too. I love anything that is a gigantic leaf. I saw this at Meadowlark Gardens.


And don't even get me started on the troughs. Why haven't I made my own? I have been talking about it for years. You make a form out of boxes and then mix concrete mix, perlite, and peat moss. I really love the look of them, especially planted with succulents.


Hopefully we will get some nice weather this weekend and I can get back into the garden. No plans for the holiday, just working (tomorrow) and relaxing and watching some Nats baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment