Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fleurs: Larkspur



My garden is so pretty right now I can hardly stand it, and as you can see I can hardly stop taking pictures. I went out last night after the sun went down and everything was just so beautiful. The colors are perfect, the flowers are fresh, and the larkspur! I just love the wild look of them and how they come up in the most random places. I first planted larkspur years ago, by seed, and every year it re-seeds itself and they are more beautiful than ever.  They last a few weeks and then they start to dry up in this heat.  I just take the dried seed pods and sprinkle them all over the garden, and miracle of miracles, they come back the following year.  And the colors are so great,  all pinks, blues, and whites. I wish my garden would look like this all summer, but I have to remind myself to remember Henry Mitchell,  who says that only beautiful flowers (and those that don't last very long) are worth growing. Who wants to look at marigolds day after day?  Such snobbery.





And I especially love how they look on the side of the house. This is an area that I am never happy with, but right now it's looks great with those larkspur mingling with the roses.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment