Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Books On My Nightstand



The Beginner's Goodbye, by Anne Tyler. A new book by one of my favorite authors, although I have heard mixed reviews. I can't imagine disliking anything she writes, though!

All Mortal Flesh, by Julia Spencer-Fleming. Fifth in the mystery series about Reverend Clare Fergusson and Chief of Police Russ Van Allstyne in upstate New York. Where is this relationship going to go? I have to keep reading these just to find out!

How It All Began, by Penelope Lively. I read Moon Tiger earlier this year, and wasn't crazy about it,  but will give this one a try based on the reviews.

The Art of Fielding, by Chad Harbach. Another book that got great reviews when it came out last year. Walt just finished it and thought it was one of the best books he's read in a long time, so I am reading it now.

A Day at the Beach, by Helen Schulman. A couple in Manhattan leaves for the Hamptons on the morning of September 11.

Long Life, by Mary Oliver. A book of essays and poems by poet Mary Oliver, recommended to me by my friend JoAnn.

The Sense of An Ending, by Julian Barnes. My book group picked this for June--I have liked several of his other books and have heard good things about this one.

1 comment:

  1. Art of Fielding is a great book, Patsi. I thought Walt would really like it because of his baseball background. Enjoy the day. Biff

    ReplyDelete