Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sunny Succulents


Blue Curls Echeveria
I have a lot of succulents. I started out several years ago with just the typical hens and chicks, and every year I have added a few more. I really like the big and dramatic plants and I bought the cool one with pinky swirls pictured above this spring at Home Depot. I really like them, not only for their architectural interest, but because they are drought hardy, and do well in our hot humid summers. Most of these winter over-- I keep them in a bin in the garage and bring them back out in the spring. And it's nice to have a few plants that I don't have to water every single day in the summer.

Pots on the deck
My favorite cabbage pot
Hens and chicks

Paddle Plant Echeveria
 And now my frogs...


And my new bird...


And someday I am going to do a hens and chicks border like this one I saw last fall at Chanticleer Gardens outside of Philadelphia. Love that.

Hens and Chicks Border at Chanticleer

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I need a lot more hens and chicks to make my measley border look like Chanticleer. Love your succulents, Ellen, in those great containers. The tour ladies will love those!

    ReplyDelete